Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Little Boys Bedroom Ideas

It is time to redecorate one of our bedrooms for my son. He is a year old now and it seems only fair that I now create a room fitting a little boy. He has been sleeping in a room with floral window treatments for too long now. I have been hesitant to design a room for him because I wanted my two girls to share a room with twin beds but it looks like they each need to have their own rooms for now. I want to decorate a room that he can grow into, not a nursery that will need to be updated in a year.

Architectual Digest
Typically, I like traditional decor with a bit of mid century or some funky bohemian flair but for his room I am thinking English Country House. Maybe I am drawn to that because I think that I can keep the floral window treatments?? But really, for little boys you can't go wrong with preppy and plaid.
photo from inspireddecorating.blogspot.com
elle deor

brenda antin store Los Angeles, cococozy.com
 
 
I have a mahogany sleigh bed that my girls have slept in while transitioning from the crib to their big girl beds. I push it up against the wall and put the mattress on it but not the box spring so they are closer to the ground. I never thought that I would be able to use it for a boys room but the last photo from www.cococozy.com shows a great way to add some masculine touches to, what I had considered, a feminine bed.  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment